Sunday, August 21

I'm packing for Spain

- in preparation for the trip I've been meeting Dolores for a daily dose of language exchange - I still can't pronounce the Spanish word for lawn and she laughs when I talk about fingers or toes so I will avoid conversations involving those things.

Part of the adventure will involve looking after a not-very-young puppy in a fancy-pants district of Barcelona, apparently he can't too walk far so I plan to buy a trolley as a sort of puppy pushchair.

In other news

I have spent the last two years trying to find someone who can mend bits of the house - during this time there have been:
i) the ones who said they'd come to look but didn't
ii) the ones who came to look but didn't send quotes

and

iii) the one who came and told me that he could fix everything then put a call out on social media to see if there were any unemployed burglars who'd like to come and fix everything


4 comments:

  1. Bon voyage! Looking forward to the trip reports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what is it about the South West and getting things fixed???? Drives me potty. No central heating at the minute.... I'll come with you to Spain then.
    Have a lovely time!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Come on over, it's so sunny we don't care about drainpipes here

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails