Sunday, July 30

Italy: children

The first bit of Italy was Pontremoli which was full of children and ice cream, so delicious and so so sun-burny-hot I almost burnt my tongue and when we tried to go to the seaside there was no room in the sea and then when we did manage to sardine ourselves into the water between all the shiny hologram-and-tinfoil swimwear the children cried because their bottoms got itchy-salty so we had to squeeze our way out of the water and walk like egyptians along the sand among people WHO WEAR HIGH HEELS ON THE BEACH and stand in line to use the solitary shower.

the best ice cream that day was chocolate

During my Pontremoli stay we visited BIG BEN PIZZA an establishment that handed out extravagant amounts of Doritos to go with our fizzy drinks while we waited for the too-much-amount of food that gets ordered by people who are too hungry to think sensibly

the best ice cream that day was blackberry and peach

8 comments:

  1. How can they walk in high heels on the beach.... ?
    Film it! At least they weren't wearing crocs.
    Sx
    P.S I am so jealous of your Italian romp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beach/evening wear - wierdest thing evah! xxx

      Delete
  2. Now I am thinking of my holiday villa in Italy.There was a tortoise in the garden and it bit my finger.
    Also, I had to Google Doritos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tortoise'd have your lef off Di - be careful! xx

      Delete
  3. "Pontremoli which was full of children and ice cream"

    I misread that as "chicken." Sorry.

    Thanks for the Italy reports. Sounds like a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous! There've I've said it! BUT, I am enjoying your travelogue, sweetpea. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Italy is very envy-arousing - but thank you xxx

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails