Sunday, February 25

The bus stop was by a hairdressing salon

in the front part there were two lime green sofas, in the window a beautifully typographed hairdressing menu offered 'Japanese Straightening' in two varieties along with other, more exotic elaborations.

I was transfixed by a beautiful Japanese woman  reading a magazine, the blonde sections in her black Japanese-straight hair were tucked behind her ears creating yellow triangles, then I noticed the man behind the counter, massive like a Sumo wrestler. Green-haired, his ear lobes had the sort of piercing that makes a really big hole and held what looked like the spooney parts of soup spoons.  Edward Lear popped into my mind at this point, which is why I have illustrated this story with the Dong and his luminous nose

5 comments:

  1. Maybe the Jumblies were Japanese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the earrings were for picking up satellite TV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... your first version had 'calligraphed' menu.... I wanna see....
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I realised it was actually a hipster letterpress thing xx

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails