Wednesday, August 1

a yoik is a nordic song

 it can involve a strong vocal projection akin to a yodel, the sound is intended to travel long distances so it can irritate the really far away neighbours. On Saturday afternoon I cooked Karelian pies* with Tuuletar, a Finnish band who demonstrated the yoik

The Man is a little hard of hearing - I can't get him to hear me if he's more than a couple of metres away from me - unless I yoik

in other news...


I've been commissioned to make a coffin cover - it's not the traditional sort of coffin and has a very particular shape.  

Today I downloaded the dimensions and started building a dummy coffin so I can construct a well fitted garment

6 comments:

  1. Very handy, to be able to irritate distant neighbours. Now, what would be the best way of dealing with too-close neighbours? (shotguns are illegal in suburbia)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think yodelling would also work in this instance Di

      Delete
  2. I was still thinking about the yoik as I read the next section and somehow missed the word "cover" so, for the life of me, I could NOT figure out how or why a coffin was going to be a "well fitted garment." xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I wrote about that I was reminded of those ganster films where they warn people about ending up in a 'concrete overcoat' - Gulp!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails