Thursday, November 29

The London bus was late

the queue in the bus station was chatting among itself. A jolly-looking Irish man was talking about his bad experience with the rival bus company, I asked him if he was aware that a third bus company had started up, the stop for that one was just outside the bus station


Jolly-looking man regarded me as though I'd suggested he pick through litter bins for his lunch

Outside the bus station??? - that sounds very dodgy  

I didn't have time to rebut this because he got busy telling me that if I was even thinking about taking the train I'd better not fall asleep or someone would be stealing my bag and nipping off at Swindon.

And now the whole bus queue started catastrophising about how the entire  fabric of society is in tatters but he shouted above them

and you know what ... I say DO YOU KNOW WHAT???? and this is true because I know it is. The whole police force is taken up with looking at Facebook and Twitter these days, looking for anyone that says something that might upset someone, you can be getting murdered or burgled in your beds, call the police for being murdered and no-one will come but you say something on Facebook and they'll be round mob-handed to clap you in irons   

we fell silent.

The London bus pulled into the bay, I said - Look Hurray! it's a double-decker! 


Jolly-looking man gave me another of his looks, he said I always stay downstairs, I don't want to get my head chopped off by a bridge

4 comments:

  1. He wasn't really that jolly after all...
    Oh dear, and I always wanted to sit up top on a double decker - even the mad stairs were fun... then again I am very short, so I'd probably not get my head chopped off.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One HAS to sit at the top if there's the opportunity, especially the front so you can 'drive the bus' - I'd just duck if a chopper came xxx

      Delete
  2. Is it better, I wonder, to look jolly but be unjolly, or to look unjolly but be jolly?

    I feel like I don't spend enough time in bus queues these days. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered that too.
      Buses and their queues are the best places for eavesdropping. x

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails