Thursday, February 7

Ten years ago

I was in living in a dilapidated French farmhouse - rented on a two-year lease to use as a location for a series of short films about insects. As Location Manager, I stayed in this house during the non-filming periods to take care of it's sporadically bursting pipes and prepare things for the next shooting period. The house was so cold that it was usually warmer outside, I probably got rather too involved with village life. 


The month of February 2009 was eventful, I hosted a lunch event which was hijacked by several unexpected guests, an elderly alcoholic was trying to woo me, the village bar embroiled me in a web of secrets and lies worthy of several Eastenders episodes, I was press-ganged into joining a sports team,  I spent a week cooking for autistic people and somehow found time to pop home to the UK where my friend Ms Whiplash explained how her friends made household cleaning more entertaining.

Ten years ago I had only been writing this blog for a few months, I was amazed and delighted by wonderfully supportive commentary from bloggy friends like  Scarlet and LX -  it was their recent trips down memory lane that prompted me to make this one.


12 comments:

  1. Yes, the blogabouts and recollections are fun.I'll carve a niche in the afternoon to read your posts.Of course, if the monsoon abates, bloggery will have to wait while I get some laundry done and sweep water out of the carport...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are also experiencing a monsoon, hence the time to remininisce Di xx

      Delete
  2. Oui! Oui! Oui! Miss Whiplash and the wonderful France adventures!

    Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing to think it was so long ago. How many lifetimes have we lived since? xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I remember your posts vividly! Yes, exactly like a soap, but fun - I can imagine them as a TV series!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered pitching it, but it all seemed a bit far-fectched xx

      Delete
  4. The insects! You sent some dvd's for my nephews!! They're in high school now! WOW, time has truly flown. I must look back today! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the insects indeed! and unbelievable how times flown xxx

      Delete
  5. Be My Valentine!

    [MMMWWWAAAHHH!!!]

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post had me browsing back to those 2009 posts. Great reading. Did you stay with the idea of two fridges? You never know when you might need a dead leech.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails