Tuesday, June 18

reasons to be cheerful


One ... the colours of my thread garlands

Two ... it didn't rain until noon

Three ... at 11am I was swimming in the lake by the ocean

At 9am I went to change bed linen in the boys rooms, the young one uses the same unwashed plate for every meal, this doesn't bother me, but on my weekly visit to his room I can't help but pick up his old ketchuppy plate and take it down to the dishwasher thus forcing him to use a clean plate - just once a week.

In the older boys room there are sticky squash glasses. Toenail cuttings are lined up by the giant tv screen. I'm still not screaming. Then I discover something so screamy that I can't ever tell another living soul, I have to find someone with a melon-baller who can open up my skull and scrape out the place with that memory, meanwhile I've squashed it into the tiniest place possible and left the room.

... at 10am I got in the car and drove to the lake

5 comments:

  1. "Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days." — Benjamin Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god, oh god, oh god. I am feeling your screams.
    Think of the pretty cotton reel garland... focus on the pretty colours....

    ...though the part of me that enjoys zombie films still has a nagging desire to know what you found, even though the unwashed plate and lined up toenail clippings has flipped my stomach.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing a lot of clapping my hands over my eyes and singing la la la in a high-pitched voice ... I've also arranged another escape to Cornwall xx

      Delete
  3. Pretty garland....
    Now I shall have the horrors wondering what screaminess you happened upon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails