Sunday, August 18

Do people imagine mobile phones make them invisible?

Or is it everyone else who becomes invisible? I was trailed at close quarters by a big girl weeping copiously as she detailed at volume the very many, very intimate reasons why she was upset, I was getting drenched, deafened and thoroughly depressed and she was practically on my heels so I stepped into a doorway to allow her to pass. She did spot me then and paused her wailing long enough to give me a squint-eyed What's- the-matter-with-you? look


4 comments:

  1. Of course they think cell phones are a sort of cloak-of-invisibility.I'm not sure whether they are in love with the Harry Potter ideal or just plain rude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wonder about the invisibility of middle-aged women I'm amazed how few people can see me

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you were being followed by a badly written soap opera.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My whole life is a badly written soap opera

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails