will involve eating delicious food, exchanging family news ... and bedding information. My husband's mother worries that we might not be warm enough ... or too warm. After explaining how the bedroom windows work (open/closed to varying degrees) she tells us that she has made up the bed with 'one of those aerosol blankets'.
I imagine that we will spend the night in a giant nest of cuckoo spit.
Sunday Poem
-
A Kind of Biography All night the language dog gnaws at the meaning bone.
Soon the sea begins to question its shuffling from East to West, and the
stars th...
9 hours ago

Aerosol blanket??!
ReplyDeleteIt creeps up on you [not the blanket] - worrying about being too hot or too cold. I spent a silly amount of time wondering whether I should switch to the winter duvet, and then wondered if I should switch back. I'm sure I didn't ponder over these things when I was younger.
Sx
I just spend every night flapping the duvet on and off again xx
DeleteI always thought "air-tex" wasn open-weave blanket for summer use. Then I found out (painfully!) that it's a kind of pellet gun that nasty little boys use to shoot unsuspecting ladies.
ReplyDeleteThat's new information - I shall be on the watch out for Air Tex now xx
DeleteBeing back in Los Angeles right now is beyond confusing! We had the Savannah winter duvet on AND 2 cotton blankets! It's in the mid 90s in the south right now. I'm not sure if I'm really ready for this weather. xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely an age-related issue, it's a downward slide sweetheart, might as well crack open another bottle of .... xxx
Delete