Friday, December 6

the outside lake is nearly at zero degrees warm



 I still go there for a swim when I can.

My neighbour Simon hears voices and loves Jesus, he  prints out 'Jesus is Great' leaflets and goes out campaigning vigorously for his man.

Lately Simon has taken to dancing in the street. Most mornings at 10, with headphones on, he marches down to busy a traffic intersection and dances among the traffic for all he's worth. He's happier than I've ever seen him, if he sees me, he comes over to put the headphones on me so I can hear what he's raving to.

Yesterday, I packed my bags for a swim in the lake and as I walked over to the car Simon was coming up the street in his dancing gear, I said, Have a nice dance Simon, I'm off to the lake for a swim. Simon passed me his headphones so I could listen to a bit of Bob Marley, then he called me a F***ing nutter and went on his way.


3 comments:

  1. In my head I have a giant set of scales (like the Old Bailey ones) and on one side,a woman swimming in a cold lake and on the other side a bloke in a I love Jesus shirt, leaping about in traffic.
    But I think the scales are weighted towards Simon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails