Thursday, October 27

Our Queen died last month


Maybe it was the declining state of our Prime Ministers - thinking that things could get no worse after Boris, she then welcomed Ms Truss and decided that enough was enough. Either way we were all sad/reflective and a large heavy coffin was taken from Scotland to Windsor with a few stops on the way, the longest pause was in Westminster Hall, where the Queen lay in state for a week.

We were all mesmerised by that coffin, it was so big and heavy, she was tiny, birdlike - was she really inside? - and what was she wearing ... a crown, her best nightie, slippers..??? From my time in the funeral biz, I've dressed people in all manner of outfits (and none). Also people like to bring in things to be put in in the coffin with their loved ones, these have included toys, letters, dead cats and drugs.

5 comments:

  1. I hadn't even given that a thought as I watched the ceremonies! I also had no idea just how tiny she was until I saw the photo of her with Truss! As to your other thoughts, I guess we'll never know, sweetpea! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did also wonder whether that coffin was actually full of sandbags and Her Maj is actually living it up in Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  3. I regret the clothes I chose for my mum and dad - I dressed them in their finery - I then considered the possibility of an afterlife - would they be tasked with wearing these uncomfortable clothes forever and ever? Anyhow, I hope that I'm dressed in ordinary clothes, just in case, and a sturdy pair of boots.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarlet - and I thought it was just about looking nice if the coffin tipped up. The Afterlife - I now have a whole new of issues - how to style ghosting, I'm going for the clanky sort - going to go brush off my punk gear now xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails