Friday, March 7

Correspondence II






Today's Future as read by Miranda July  

I see lots of Bs in your life. Could be people whose name begin with B, or Boston, or a bee. Or maybe you need to let it BE.

good luck,
Miranda


So here I am in Bristol planning a trip to Brighton and reviewing the last correspondence I had with a long lost friend called Bob who used to teach maths and was really good at fixing stuff.

in 2008 Bob found me through email and asked me to fill him in with my news 

I said
Blahblahblah
I'm living in France...
Blahblahblah
… you still got that goatee? wearing the leathers? still the coolest maths teacher?

He said
Blahblahblah
… clean shaven no leather trousers although ive still got them as i was thinking of chucking them yesterday- and couldnt ...glad to be out of the teaching actually although it had its great moments - wasnt really the kids more the wanker staff who were more childish than the kids...that life is gone...coming to France

I said 
Blahblahblah come and visit…
My place in France (doesn't that sound great?) is an hour's drive south  of Toulouse.… looks very grand as you drive up to it … and even when you first go inside you might think it's  impressive it takes a while for the shortcomings to become apparent mainly the running damp, and some people don't like mice also we don't have doorknobs and it's always 5 degrees colder inside than out


Here's a link to one of my posts about mice 

4 comments:

  1. The French mansion is where I began following Lulu's adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't we been through some stuff together LXxxxx

      Delete
  2. Hi, Brett here. I figured I have to comment, being a B and all. Have a Beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was too. Been Bee-ing all day and seem to have run out xxxx

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails