Monday, March 31

Visited Space Lady ..



.. this morning she is on the sofa under a duvet exactly as I left her two weeks ago but smellier. The space that was cleared in front of the sofa is now full of new-looking but slightly damaged books - she gestures triumphantly

Christmas presents!

I turn my head to catch a few titles; Canal-Building in the Midlands, Walking Your Dog... Looming above them are three unattractively presented volumes of fairy tales 

That's a bit late, who sent these to you?

No silly I've just bought them - for next  Christmas



The lump of overcooked rice lies untouched by marauding wildlife apart from the large snake of cat poo that has been laid near it.

The smell of burning is lingering persistently I'm chasing it off with an oven stuffed with beetroot and sweet potato packed with bay leaves and my biggest pot is filled with enough chicken in rosemary to feed me for the rest of the year.

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I do admire Space Lady's pre-Christmas planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. by christmas these gifts will have accumulated to require an entire room of their own.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if she will give you a present...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails