Tuesday, July 28

Two months ago I watched this great film

about how Cambodia in the '60s was the funkiest kingdom on the planet, how it was so groovy and loved pop music and sex and fun until the Khmer Rouge arrived and killed nearly everyone.

The country is damaged but recovering, 'Not Easy Rock n Roll' is the story of a roaring-woman who is becoming a star.








On Saturday this roaring-woman appeared on my kitchen-on-stage at WOMAD and showed me how to slice a box of ginger as-thin-as-eyelashes so that we could cook Angry Chicken together.

I haven't quite got over it yet.

6 comments:

  1. I'm off to look for an Angry Chicken recipe. Fingers crossed that it doesn't have any rancid ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How serendipitous - I'm just re-reading Vietnam memoirs.Not quite the same, but close, I suspect.And the angry chicken probably whips the pants of my coconut cashew chicken from last night, despite my generosity with the chilli...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. coconut cashew chicken sounds delish Dinah

      Delete
  3. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails