Friday, September 28

To escape my growing pile of rejection slips





I dashed to France for a hit of Mediterranean sun-and-sea and found the perfect slightly-difficult-to-get-to cove for my morning swims - just me, the fish and the sea-birds - until a boatload of Peeping Toms turned up.

Before France there was Derbyshire. Celebrating my father's 90th birthday. We hired a blazing-fireplace-cosy-cottage near Bakewell. There was a Grand Supper, my niece made a Bakewell Birthday Cake, the way we love our Bakewell Tarts (lots of Almonds, butter and sharp red jam) - it was truly delicious. Next day we visited Bakewell, a town consisting solely of tart vendors, each claiming to offer 'The Only Real Authentic Bakewell Pudding', two versions were sampled, the first was awful and the second inedible.

Mrs China has now been with us for a month. On Sunday she is moving to her permanent accommodation and I think we will both be relieved, she is still baffled by our rubbish disposal system and I can't understand her system of slippers and mats,  nor the systems of which things must see the sun and which things are not allowed to see other things.

I have come back to a little job which is a bit Top Secret - I drive to a massive aircraft hangar and unlock a series of doors until I arrive at a room where 214 objects have been collected, some of these pieces are worse than rubbish, others are worth millions (of which currency I shall not tell) I must unwrap these items, photograph them, say something about them and then seal them away - perhaps for ever.




8 comments:

  1. Perhaps you could seal the ghastly tarts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the sound of the top secret job, I wish I could help.
    Maybe the tarts would've been better after a dunking?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no hope for the tarts ... TSJ is a little hard going TBH

      Delete
  3. Rejection slips? At least you have produced something to be rejected! I hope you get an acceptance slip soon.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. That IS EXACTLY what I am doing. I am the toppest Secret Agent at this sort of thing xx

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails