Thursday, April 4

My wounded hand is still sore

I'm doing finger-waggling exercises the way I think the physio instructed so I'm hoping it's pain-in-a-good-way rather than pain-because-I've-done-it-wrong-and-making-things-worse. 

The enforced loafing is becoming a bore.

Knowing that my hand operation would limit possibilities for exercise for a couple of months, I spent the weeks beforehand building up heft credits; tree-felling, taking rubbish to the dump ... God-forbid I even did a bit of housework. I also went to the gym because someone told me that ladies can end up marooned in a chair and never being able to get out again just because we spent too long drinking coffee one day and our muscles just evaporated and then someone has to break down the door and find us covered in flies, coffee cup still in hand... and that would be sad.

This inward focus is obviously necessary to distract from the disgraceful performances being played out in parliament


8 comments:

  1. As physical and psychic therapy, go down to Parliament and use your good hand to slap some sense into those MPs!

    CAUTION: This might not be good advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always rely on you for excellent advice - a slapping is definitely needed LX xx

      Delete
  2. I reckon that that's what's going to become of me - marooned in a chair when I'm in my eighties and then eaten by my dogs. I know, grisly thought! Keep doing the hand exercises!!
    I watched Question Time last night - it drove my tinnitus insane.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched it and caught tinitus. eaten by dogs is almost poetic, like those peole who lie on a mountain so birds can carry their souls off - not the same as being slowly sucked at by flies

      Delete
  3. A finger salute to your efforts. I might start offering those salutes to my hand arthritis. It might help my attitude. Hey don't knock the coffee. Oh one more thought, I would rather die at home than at a gym.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way things are headed these days you could charged with unwarranted assault.Best you do the digit-waggling down at Cllege green - judging by the TV news there is rather a lot of manual gesturing there.

    And, on a serious note..I do hope the hand gets better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di, I do need an outlet for the frustration, funnily enough I'm just about to head Londonwards

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails