Wednesday, May 29

It's hammock-crazy around here

Community hammock at the bottom of our road. 

Hammock-for-human-beans at the bottom of our garden.  

My household currently contains two adolescent boys*, one is in his teens and the other is nearly 30, each of them consumes enough cans of pop to fill a bathtub daily.  Neither of these boys owns a coat and I am reminded of the Finnish boy who stayed a few years ago

In other news

I have embarked on 'The Great Floor Polishing' this involves much shifting of furniture and then sweeping, scrubbing and scraping before the oily polish can be laid down in thin thin coats. After the oiling, people must skate around on tea towels so it polishes up nice and shiny. Last time I did this I had spilt tea on my computer and lost the use of the letter 'i'

*the boy-in-a-hammock is not one of the resident pop-drinking boys, he is a visiting-boy

10 comments:

  1. Oh dear...we have an entire house-floor in meed of sanding/recoating. But with only two of us and not many tea towels...I wonder if I could make little booties for the cats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys without coats? I have noticed that the male of the species isn't bothered with keeping warm or dry. It is odd.
    I want my floors stripped! And then they'll be painted white.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh white floors - sounds wonderfully scandinavian

      Delete
    2. They are more white-washed than solid white. I have been obsessed with white interiors since I can remember. Even in the eighties I painted my bedroom white, when everyone else was doing black. I think the obsession has it's roots in an old episode of The Saint starring Ian Ogilvy.
      Sx

      Delete
  3. Is there a disinfectant dispenser with the community hammock? [shudders]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the hammock acts as a germ-exposure unit a sort of lo-tech vaccine for the people by the people

      Delete
  4. The green bean boy photo is ethereal and strange and full of boyness.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails