Saturday, March 13

naked sunbathing

 

I'm loving all the gorgeous nude trees brandishing their limbs in the sunshine at this time of year. I'm particularly feeling kinship with all those feisty pollarded trees raising their knobbly fists in protest.

Today we are remembering Sarah Everard, a man kidnapped and killed her because she had the gall to go out walking by herself. In today's Guardian Marina Hyde wrote about a normal everyday walk to her son's school, a day that included the sort of encounter that has happened to me more often than I want to remember, Hyde describes how we usually deal with this kind of encounter

'... I genuinely forget about these things soon after they happen... Should have just tied a weight round it and sent it to sleep with the fishes, with all the other ones. The healthy option.'

6 comments:

  1. I still have my trusty penknife on my keyring - it's been there since 1984.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and there isn't a girl who hasn't been advised to keep just such a thing handy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following the story here and it's the same thing as always,"well, if she hadn't..." instead of "Fuck that bastard..." The images of the cops during the vigil for her were beyond sad and yet, totally expected. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm too short for reliable head-butting, but I think my knee cap would find its mark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sav, unbelievable that we're still protesting this shit isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Di, I bet your kneecaps are well sharpened

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails