“No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible.” W.H. Auden
Universe 25 and the Problem of Utopia
-
by Marianne Janack The distinction between utopias and dystopias is often
murky. In Ursula LeGuin’s story, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”, a
utopian ...
6 hours ago
Ha Ha!! How true.
ReplyDeleteSx
You need to look at 'The Futility Closet' it's full of such gems
DeletePlot? I'm there for the costumes!
ReplyDeleteI imagine that is you day dress LX
Delete“How wonderful opera would be if there were no singers.” — Gioacchino Rossini
ReplyDeleteThank you for the link!
Sx
I felt that I had to choose one but they're all fab n'est ce pas?
DeleteWonderful stuff! I have a tape of bits I like from various opera.I suppose the purists would shudder, but I rather like the idea of Mimi being "shown the ropes" by Carmen ...
ReplyDeleteI do that too, it feels like cheating though
Delete