Tuesday, May 20

I've had visitors

Written like that it sounds like an illness, like shingles or measles.

The prospect of visitors feels like I might be coming down with something because I focus on all the cleaning and house organisation that I don't do and I get impending anxiousness. It takes a while for me to remember that I choose friends who don't judge me on such things and relax into enjoying their company. They came all the way from America and brought me shoes and washed-out-looking linen of the sort I adore and our mouths were fully occupied the whole time with eating and talking - yes even in our sleep - it was exhausting.

Today they've gone and I really miss them

2 comments:

  1. I don't often have visitors, but when I do most of my pre-visit angst centers around what selection of things to provide for breakfast.

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I worried about food for all occasions - but it was all worth it

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails