Sunday, June 29

I just bought this book


the flavour thesaurus by niki segnit

It was supposed to be a gift but I have already read it too much, I will need to keep this one and buy another.

It will be indispensable on those days when think that I've not got the makings of a meal in the house and then I spot the watermelon and that bar of chocolate at the back of a drawer :

the sicilian dish gelo di melone is a watermelon soup thickened with cornflour, sweetened with sugar, spiced with cinnamon and flavoured with either crushed pistachio, grated chocolate or candied peel, or a combination of all three.

who knew?


5 comments:

  1. Is there an entry for tuna fish and vodka? Uh, I'm asking for "a friend."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate at the BACK of the drawer???? Not in this house.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it gets eaten before there is time to hide it :-)
    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails