Wednesday, July 9

Accumulations



turquoise is loneliness - wendy walgate

The days have been doubled up busy - painting and clearing out the Brain Surgery, tidying the community garden and making-lists for the annual cooking-with-music event.

Nooks and hidey-holes in the Brain Surgery are stuffed with accumulations. I sort and make collections of things that go together and make homes for them. The sorting and collecting and homing has infected me.

I dreamt about a vast bed in a dark wooden room, a high four-poster stacked with many layers of mattresses and pillows, filed in between them are dozens of sleeping labrador puppies, black ones and yellow ones. I patrol the bed pulling out a floppy hibernating puppy here and there, checking it's breathing before slipping it back in place and continuing my rounds. Also, in the interstices of the bed frame are tiny wooden tubes, each containing a bee which need regular, gentle watering.

Then Lennie Kravitz came into the room - I didn't want him to know about the puppies


6 comments:

  1. Lennie Kravitz? Have another glass of wine, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have what Lulu is having.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently dreamed about Lenny Kravitz!!! What the heck? It's a secret club.

    We are so effing awesome.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We ARE so awesome I love the idea that Lennie Kravitz patrols our dreams

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails