Saturday, April 8

I was in Switzerland last week


the Man is making a film about ants in the forest - I went out to spend his birthday with him.

Sir David Attenborough was there too, narrating the story  (I had been to this same place with him about 12 years ago and tell that story here) - it's always interesting to see how other people react to him. The head waiter at the hotel played a series of jokes,  actually it was the same joke over and over again where he pretended not to have any of the food that was ordered or to have run out of wine. SDA accepted this punishment with good humour but  clearly wasn't enjoying the joke as much as the waiter - it must be really hard being a National Treasure

8 comments:

  1. I had no idea that the Swiss could be such pests! Maybe due to all that fondue and yodeling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fondue was something we asked for and were refused

      Delete
  2. Another amazing little slice from the astonishing life of of Ms. Sandwich. I, for one, would treat Mr. A with the appropriate deference. As I mentioned "Civilisation" changed my life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't seen that - I feel hopelessly uncivilised

      Delete
  3. your last week sounds exciting! i'm catching up with all y'all now. mr matrix gave me an old mac he had (i was out in la la land for a week) until i get a new one. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ants in the forest.With Sir David! Best I can do is watch tonight's "Life that Glows" on telly.
    Hope it was a Happy Birthday for The Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey, nice to know it's showing over there. I think he did enjoy his birthday quite a lot

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails