Thursday, July 6

I trapped myself in my Gina Lollabrigida dress

I thought that I was going to have to stay stuck and travel to Italy in it and wear the wretched thing all week and that would teach me a fine lesson or two about vanity and ageing gracefully and not eating so much ice cream ... but then a man turned up to remove building rubble and I was able to ask him to help - my predicament embarrassed him but I was too relieved to care.


Yes I am going to Italy - tomorrow at very-early-o'clock, and I was going through my 'Ideal-Me' box of frocks - just in case


still contemplating mortality


Now that Cheesey has vacated his shouting post opposite my house, all the other conversations are drifting back into my windows - yesterday morning I didn't quite catch what the child said but I did hear his mother's response

well - people don't die just because they've run out of breath




9 comments:

  1. I wonder what other gems that parent has for the child...
    Nice dress, by the way.I remember dresses like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they came with ratchetting underwear

      Delete
  2. Go for the Gina Lollabrigida dress! You'll look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - I left it at home and ate lots of ice cream while wearing palazzo pants

      Delete
  3. I need to read up to find out what's been going on.... and I'll be especially careful when I go through my dressing up box for the annual 'I wonder if it still fits' party!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool dress, sugar! and very interesting children! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't believe what floats up to my ears in this neighbourhood xx

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails