Friday, October 5

My Top Secret Job has sprung a leak.






It has become known that I sometimes work as a cook.

People have been telling me all about their favourite recipes.  *


This is a regular occurrence and I'm often astonished by the number of youngsters who speak wistfully of tinned fruit and semolina 

Yesterday a man in his twenties explained his favourite pudding:

rice pudding with a layer of tinned mandarins underneath and baked meringue  on top

and then his favourite sandwich

white buttered bread filled with sliced shiny green apples and sliced Mars Bar


*The TSJ has nothing to do with food

8 comments:

  1. It's very early;I'm still having my wake-up coffee and I read this. Heaven forfend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mars bar and apple. Within two slices of bread.
    They are peculiar, these young people, aren't they?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As LX says - contains all the major food groups

      Delete
  3. "white buttered bread filled with sliced shiny green apples and sliced Mars Bar"

    Four of the major food groups right there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss this? I do wonder how you kept a straight face and didn't burst out laughing when you heard about that sandwich! Or maybe you did. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had decades to perfect my straight-face-while-being-told-disgusting-things-face xxxooo

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails