Friday, January 11

Yesterday an engineer came to sort out some wires in our house





He adjusted some components then there was a moment when he had to stand around and wait for information from the computer -  we made chit chat

he said, things are pretty quiet workwise this week so I'm taking tomorrow off, it's my kids birthday
Lovely I said how old?

Four-year old twins, twin boys

Crikey I said, were they a surprise or are twins in the family? 

They were a surprise when we saw them on the scan but the funny thing was that my daughter gave birth on the same day

Gosh, did you all go to hospital together?

No my wife was booked to have a cesarean in the afternoon so she was just getting ready for that, my sixteen-year-old daughter was in the next room, she'd been going on about having stomach pains and then they got worse so she came in to our room, I didn't even know she was pregnant. 

????

She was a big ... I thought she'd been comfort eating, her mother had died a few months before.  So my wife was getting her bag packed and my daughter was really shouting about her pain and I was Googling to try and see what she had and the only thing I could find with her symptoms was labour, and I kept saying that and she kept insisting she wasn't pregnant.  And then her waters broke and all I could think was that was a new carpet. When the ambulance arrived my daughter was on the floor on all fours and my wife, who was enormous, she was on the floor behind her, they were both yelling their heads off and the paramedics didn't know which one to help, luckily they had a midwife with them and she got my daughter sitting on the side of the bed and I went out the room for a minute, then I  came back in just in time to see my granddaughter's head coming out of my daughter and they  delivered her right there.

Did you have to get another new carpet?





9 comments:

  1. WOW! That took an unexpected turn or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! is about the only expression I would have, too. But yeah, your question about the carpet would have been my next thought! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They solved the carpet problem by moving to another house xx

      Delete
    2. I guess they would have needed to as the family size nearly doubled overnight!!
      I hope they had nice carpets in the new place.
      Sx

      Delete
    3. I think they've gone for E-Z wash surfaces throughout xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic blog post. Much thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails