Tuesday, April 14

Shopping these days






Grocery shopping in the  Melt Lock Down era  has gone a bit 'underworld'. Neighbours tip each other off about ways to get supplies without standing in long queues outside shops.

an email from a friend says she lives next door to a fishmonger, he could make local deliveries, should she pass my details - I said YES!! 

Thursday afternoon
Pete-the-Fish calls
I can deliver tomorrow what do you want?  

I place an order

Saturday evening
I'm in pajamas, supper eaten, a glass or two drunk, think it might be time for bed.
Phone rings -  Pete-the-Fish

I'm coming down the road with your haddock, meet me outside your house and bring a tenner

Scrambled, I can't find shoes so walk outside barefoot. A man walking towards me is holding a net in front of himself, he throws a bag on the road and tells me to drop my tenner in the net.

I do all this as though it is a completely normal sort of transaction




6 comments:

  1. In my mind's eye I can see George Cole, a black marketeer in one of those early Ealing films...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something like that, although I was thinking of Del Boy in 'Only Fools and Horses'

      Delete
  2. Why didn't he pass the bag in the net and have you return the tenner back? Glad you've a source for fresh fish! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The man clearly enjoys comedy performances

      Delete
  3. Strange times, strange methods. We all have to think harder and more creatively these days! Thank you for sharing the funny side :-)
    SXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it wasn't for the funny we'd probably have our heads in the oven

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails