Wednesday, November 4

Lost Ham

on the neighbourhood noticeboard a  heading  - 'Anyone Lost Their Ham?' 

 - a photo of two plastic packs of ham on a pavement and a location  

Responses to this included speculation that the items had dropped out of someone's 'hambag', a conspiracy theorist warned that the items might be bait for a 'hambush' and someone else reckoned that this notice should be considered 'spam' 

when the world is falling apart, we make jokes about pork and then we go swimming 

I drove to the coast as the sun rose this morning, past frosty fields and mist-filled valleys  

the sea surface was smoking when I arrived 

It was like swimming in fire 

4 comments:

  1. Blimey, that must have been cold! Cold water swimming has been on the local news a lot lately - I am still not tempted - I think it would make me cry, if so you would need the pork jokes to make me stop.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ridiculous how much those pork jokes have cheered me up. Everything else is making me cry - except the swimming xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about whatever gets you though the day, sweetpea, even if it's "hamfisted" humor! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails