Wednesday, May 20

My bike was stolen last week

and I've been pretty glum about that.

The Man accumulated several bicycles last year after he snapped one, then got it welded and then bought a few more off Gumtree so I was hoping there might be something in that pile for me.


When I told the Brain Doctor about the theft he was sympathetic and said

I've got just the job for you - a nice little Raleigh, it's a spare no-one uses it - you have it!

I said that's very kind but I think I'm fixed thank you.

A week later I've discovered that none of the Man's big bike pile are roadworthy, so - after walking several miles and remembering how slow feet are when you've got used to wheels - the Brain Doctor repeated his offer today

Come on! - that Raleigh is sitting around my house doing nothing, it's just the job for you

 I said OK YES  THANK YOU VERY MUCH WHEN CAN I GET IT?

He went very quiet and when he was between patients I said
that bike -will your wife mind if you lend it to me?

and he said

Actually it is hers, I probably shouldn't let you have it

6 comments:

  1. I had a Raleigh three-speed English Racer (are they called that in the UK?). It was much like this one, except it was red with white trim. A very nice bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the brain doctor's wife's bike but Raleigh's are lovely!

      Delete
  2. too funny about the brain doctor, but then again, not so much for you! no way to cobble bits from the bike pile to make one of them road worthy? xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brain Doctor amuses and frustrates in equal measure as does that pile of bike bits xxxxx

      Delete
  3. I keep trying to imagine how you manage to ride a bike where you live! I'd be fine going downhill, but your streets are so steep! How about a donkey?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails