Wednesday, March 14

the oldest cat in the world

is my responsibility this week. She has become so fragile and bony that I am almost afraid to stroke her, she creeps gingerly up to me then complains loudly that there is not enough food or her water needs freshening - I fear the effort will see her off.

Last night I dreamed that I went down in the morning to find her stiff little body on the sofa. 

Sometimes I stay in homes that are so full of pillows and cushions that there is no space for a body, this house was moderately cushioned but had an amplitude of odiferous things -  'linen sprays' - I didn't even know 'linen spray' was a thing -  pots of sticks dipped in scented oil, jar upon jar of scented candles on every flat surface.  

My sister had a theory - they must be really farty!

8 comments:

  1. Some people just can't be satisfied with a squirt of Fabreze.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you were keeping Fabreze to yourself Scarlet xx

      Delete
  2. Lola & Nikko send their greatest respects to The Oldest Cat In The World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those "household scents" have some very dubious ingredients.
    It could be a tad dangerous if Le Petomaine popped in for a performance...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fortunately for me my asthma has limited the scents that may reside in our home. It seems that only lemon and lavender pass the scent test. Sadly, cats are on the other list. :( Gentle greetings to The Oldest Cat. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise you had asthma, what a pain! xxx

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails