Tuesday, July 23

Cornwall is made of sea and ice cream

I found the perfect beach with a perfect ice cream shoppe. I walked away with my 'strawberries-and-clotted-cream' artisan delight, vaguely hearing words coming from the ice cream seller's mouth

watch out ....

... my attempts to listen to him were interrupted by a seagull's foot landing on my ice cream.

Finding myself in a Hitchcock movie I hurried, hunched over, simultaneously trying to to shelter the cone with my hand and get as much ice cream as possible into my mouth. The bird made another pass under my hand slicing himself a small beakful in such an astonishing way that I dropped the guard hand allowing a third pass and now the gull got the entire double scoop and dropped to the beach, trying in his turn to scoff as much as possible while being mobbed by all the other thieving gulls.

I left them to it feeling foolish - not a single other person was buying ice cream

4 comments:

  1. I lost my fish'n'chips to seagulls in St Ives. I'd only eaten one chip. It was brutal, and probably would have looked very funny on YouTube. I was carrying the food and the gull just landed in it, knocking it out of my hands.
    I feel sorry for the ice cream seller, the gulls are going to put him out of business.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S Love your illustration!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thanks, it did occur to me that the ice cream seller can't be making a living there xx

      Delete
  3. Never foolish to feed an Animal God ice cream not even the clown prince of Animal Gods. Well done and love.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails