Friday, January 17

A birthday party dip





The invitation requested fancy-dress. For purposes of not-drowning, fancy-dressing is restricted to above the neck. Before jumping in we made cool poolside cocktail chat, me in my pink wig and rockstar-sunglasses, a Salty-Sea Captain, a cock, a bear and a Wizard-of-Oz lion.

This is the UK,  sunny but still January. Despite having been here many times before, the sheer freezing cold surprised me.  I swam while gasping with shock. The water dragged the pink nylon wig from my head and the sodden Muppet made a break for the open ocean. I grabbed it, stuffed it down the front of my swimsuit and continued effortfully on my way.

Birthday cake and champagne were on hand for the after-swim-party which I attended with luminous pink chest and pubic hair peeping out around the edges of  my outfit


4 comments:

  1. Crikey, reading this has made me shiver inside.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brava! I am beyond winter swims, I think.And I never swam in a wig, but do you remember those bathing caps that were all the rage once? I had one with masses of flowers stuck on it.I looked like a hydrangea! Anyway, I dived in, wearing my floral monstrosity and swam the length of the pool...to see, behind me, masses of blue flowers bobbing about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a lovely image Di - I want to create a deflowering hat to wear for party swims xx

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails