Sunday, February 11

Walking down Kingsland Road last week

I heard a man's voice hiss
  

move your dirty body out of the way  


I was going at quite a clip anyway, it was a broad pavement and he actually couldn't walk any faster than me so we were going along side by side.  I wasn't sure I'd heard correctly so I said

Sorry?

He looked sideways at me and scowled and managed to walk a little ahead of me so I could get the best view of his stained and unpleasant sweat pants.


He was around 30, a lot bigger than me and clearly an Angry Man so, although in theory I'm all for calling people out and standing my ground etc. I figured that this might not end well for me - it was becoming a stand-off - so after walking beside him for just a couple more minutes I crossed the road and we paralleled each other for the next mile until he turned off.


10 comments:

  1. Well played ... discretion better part of valor and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often have stand-offs with tractors in the country lanes.... it's usually me who sees sense first and takes the high ground :-)
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are you good at backing several miles down a country lane? x

      Delete
  3. Be my Valentine! MMMWWWAAAHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He'd have had no trouble overtaking me.1. I can't gallop these days.2. I'm too sooky to stand up to BIG aggressive blokes.If I had one of Scarlet's tractors I'd be be able to tell HIM to move HIS dirty pants...

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIKES!!! I agree with LX! I am glad you crossed the street, besides who wants to walk behind someone with stinky (pants) sweats!? xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails