Saturday, June 13

Today we are mostly crying


Violin practice in All Hallows Church, Easton

The rain has been heavy since last night.

This morning I found tiny eggs on the ground and a torn nest hanging under the hedge. Two squashed shells each containing a perfect baby robin lay next to a single unbroken egg on the wet black soil.
Pink and each one the size of my index fingernail.

Then I went to a church to listen to a choir singing songs so beautiful that I cried all over again.

After the choir, a music teacher used the residual audience as a rehearsal opportunity with her young pupil - more tears.

I seem unable to turn the taps off - I'm currently taking a break from boohooing at the telly.

9 comments:

  1. I would have also gotten all misty about the baby birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* this one i TOTALLY understand, sweetpea. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand too, more hugs.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,no.! Can you stand another hug? ((lulu))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each incident would have broken me down in an instant.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails