Wednesday, August 3

my jobs-to-do list could wrap twice around the house






this sort of thing has colonised the terrace 


there are days when I sense that the jobs-to-do-list may have reduced infinitessimally 

last week

the electrician fixed my blinking lights.

I told the electrician that I could use some young muscles to tidy up the terrace which has become submerged beneath gigantic tufts of a hybrid-vigour-super-grass that is anchored firmly between the paving stones. The electrician said   


I know someone  

being Welsh his tone is naturally ironic so I was not sure what would happen

today

A plump sixteen-year-old crept up to my gate clutching a plastic carrier bag full of crisps and orange fizzy drink.  He tickled the grass with a spade for a couple of hours we were both relieved when the rain gave us an excuse to call it a day and head home for chips

in other news


I have fixed 2 sets of broken curtains

3 comments:

  1. Somehow I think that the Haitians would love those costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steady.... or you'll make me feel guilty about all the things that need fixing here.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails