Thursday, June 4

Mr Potato Head Under Pressure

5th June
I went down to the woodyard to get some ply from Mr Potato Head, his mother is extremely tiny and fierce. As I walked up her drive she threw back her head and yelped which is her way of calling her son's attention. Four little dogs joined in the racket, barking and jumping up at me until he arrived.

I had to wait to tell Mr Potato Head what I wanted because his mother had to shout at him first - she was telling him he wasn’t allowed to do anything until he’d delivered the truckload of wood sitting outside the house.

When she’d finished shouting, Mr Potato Head asked me what I was after and I said that I needed three sheets of ply but I was hoping he’d cut them up for me and he said fine and took my drawing away leaving a red-faced and distraught woman on my hands. She told me that her husband is going into hospital soon to have his leg amputated - the protracted result of a tractor accident and spilt battery acid many years ago. This is too sad to hear, Mr Potato Head put the ply in my car and said he must hurry and do the delivery before his mother bursts, I remind him that he hasn’t ever sent me a bill yet and that he must do it soon because we will leave next month...

Omigod we’re leaving! - there’s still loads to be filmed and masses of leaving stuff to sort out (like reselling the police car!) and I’m coming up to the one year mark for starting this blog which was only intended to run for the duration of this project...

23 comments:

  1. oh no! y'all aren't seriously thinking of not blogging anymore, sugar? tell me y'all will still be here or somewhere...please! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once left something ... kinda regretted it afterwards.

    So, when you go, leave a trail of bread crumbs or pieces of bugs, no need to get lost in the well of souls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "duration of this project..."

    I'm getting separation anxiety already. Maybe you could write about your usual line of work ... or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps you could report to us from your local?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sav - you are so lovely - thank you

    Bill - a trail of bugs, I like it.

    XL - I have completely lost sight of what 'usual line of work' is.

    I have a cooking job lined up and I'm setting up a shoot - in Texas!!

    Eric - I do hope I can come back.


    MJ - My 'local' might seem very exotic when I go back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're leaving?!?! Yikes! I do you hope you continue blogging in some form or other. I have abidingly good memories of the locals in rural France, people like Mr Potato Head; I hope his family is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes... but you will have a new and exciting project to blog about. Possibly something in Australia? - I've been consulting the cards... and then of course we really want to see this film so that we can sit round the telly and say knowingly... 'I know someone who helped to make this'...
    Am I not wrong?????
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obviously Australia is the job after Texas...
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gracias!
    Your blog is so cool and funny.
    I'm sure you can continue with it anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some Texas stories would be most appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Gadj - The village is full of old people with health problems, it has seemed sad and intrusive to report too much about all that. The outlook for the Woodyard Family isn't great.


    Scarlet - Australia you say? - I'd like that a lot - after Texas


    Hola Maldito! Good to see you here


    Alphawoman - I hope I do get to go to Texas - but I might be setting it up for someone else...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mister Potato Head and his family sound like that extra economy that no one really thinks about, where everything is done in pencil and no tax returns ever get filed and one day you drive by and the whole place has burned to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Red,

    More Canadians - great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oi! You can't leave now, I just got here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lulu - I will be very sad if you stop blogging, because it's been so fun following your adventures. At the very least, please make sure you tell us how we can watch your final film. After all this time, it would be a shame not to cross the finish line with you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you continue with your blog. I'd miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. expat@large - well where the bloody hell have you been?

    Kat - I still don't know about when it will be on the actual telly - I would love you to know how it tuns out.

    Mrwriteon - Thank you - Ok maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh Lulu! you won't stop blogging will you?!
    i'm really going to miss your glamorous tales of French country life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm late as usual. Urgh.

    If you stop blogging, I'll miss you a great deal. We need tall tales of Texans transmitted to us. And what will happen to Brenda without you?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lulu, you may leave France, but I don't think you'll stop blogging. Not after all we've been through together. Will you?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ms Projectivist glamorous tales of French country life.

    So Ozzies find spider fluffing glamorous eh?

    Mme Defarge - are Texans tall or is it just their hats? let's ask XL

    Emerson - well maybe I could com and be the Burridge manager - after all I know what a football looks like - do you do the pointy end sort of football or the roundy sort?

    ReplyDelete
  22. That'll do for me, L. You're hired.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails