Sunday, April 3

Barge life

is very tranquil - I am on a stretch of canal near an enormous park in East London, sunlight sparkles off the ceiling and it's all very beautiful. Last night I cooked my sweet potato supper in the woodburning stove.

Yesterday I walked across to the main road which is lined with Fancy-Gifts-for a pound-shops, pawnbrokers and counselling services, shops with shutters-down-long-closed and 50p burger bars. 

Today I crossed the park to a universe where everyone is slim and accompanied by stylish children in Bugaboo pushchairs, in this world the cafés are smart and vegetables organic. I purchased two of the most expensive sausages in the world and took them home to pop them in the stove for lunch.

7 comments:

  1. How cool! Off to a good start with boat life ... and no Cats From Hell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually I'm rather missing the feline company

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. stove cooking sounds romantic but can't get a bit charcoal-ey

      Delete
  3. My canal "home" didn't have a wood burner.Just a gas ring and grill, but it did sausages beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think boats count as 'camping' where everything tastes better

      Delete
  4. all the barges i've seen on "lewis" and "midsomer murder" all look so cool and such fun! true or false, darlin? xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails