Sunday, February 9

Affogato



Affogato is a shot of hot espresso coffee poured over a scoop of vanilla ice cream - I LOVE it - by half-way through you are spooning at a tiny bowl of pale creamy coffee-tinted soup.

I like coffee but I like it strong and it gives me the shakes so I don't normally drink it but I needed some strong coffee to dye an arran cardigan that had gone a bit wooden and was an unpleasant yellowy nicotine-stain colour.

I made a big jug of strong coffee for the dyeing it looked so good I had to have some and then there wasn't enough left for dyeing, I have been saving the ends of jugs of coffee for days allthewhile getting shakier and shakier -  just before I died I got enough coffee to dye the wooden cardigan.

IT IS FANTASTIC it looks like the end of an affogato and it smells like a coffee roasting house.


I listened in on a conversation about a new person starting work 


she was dressed quite strangely

strangely - how?

about 20 years too old

I don't know how that's going to end

3 comments:

  1. I'll take the leftover un-coffeed ice cream, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. we can put the coffee on your clothing if you prefer

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails